1847 Blake House Inn Bed & Breakfast is non-smoking inside. Smoking is permitted outside only. Please use the designated ashtrays on the front porch only. Anyone caught smoking in the Inn or non-designated areas may be charged a minimum clean-up charge of $250.
Same day reservations, will be accommodated until 3 pm if possible. We do not accept walk-in reservations after 3:00. If you are making an online reservation for same day check-in, please call first and confirm that someone will be at the Inn when you arrive or that you receive our late check-in procedures if you will be arriving after 6 pm.
Weekends (Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights) have a 2 night minimum requirement. Some major holiday periods (i.e., Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, etc.) will have a 3 night minimum requirement.
Online room rates are based on double occupancy and are subject to change at any time. Room rates for all but the Sycamore Suite include a full breakfast each morning at 8:30 am (M-F) or 9:00 am (Sat. & Sun.). Guests in the Sycamore Suite who wish to have the full breakfast should add $10 per person to the nightly room rate and notify the Innkeeper the day before.
Local lodging (4%) and sales (7%) taxes are not included in the nightly rate and will be added to the full bill.
Call us for last-minute bookings of one night and it’s possible we may have something for you. Last minute single night requests when there is a minimum stay requirement and when a room is available for 2 nights will be charged a breakage fee of $50.
Guaranteeing Your Reservation:
One night’s deposit (excluding taxes) is required for all reservations.
We understand that events occur that may prohibit you from keeping your reservation; however, unlike hotels that maintain hundreds of rooms, ours is a very small establishment and short-notice cancellations can have a big impact on our business. We have made a commitment to you and, at times, turn away potential guests when rooms have been reserved. With this in mind, we ask all guests to adhere to the following cancellation/rescheduling policy:
- We require a 7-day cancellation/rescheduling period for all reservations of 4 and fewer nights; 14-day cancellation/rescheduling period for all reservations of 5 or more nights. A refund of your deposit minus a $25.00 handling/cancellation fee per room will be given for cancellations made prior to the 7-/14-day window described above. If cancellation/rescheduling is made within the cancellation/rescheduling window, there will be no refund made of the deposit. Cancellations/reschedulings on reservations that include Romance and/or Biltmore Ticket Packages where items are purchased in advance will be responsible for the costs incurred at the time of cancellation/rescheduling in addition to the deposit.
- Cancellations/reschedulings made within 24 hours of the scheduled arrival date will be responsible for paying the entire reservation amount unless we are able to rebook the room for the entire length of stay. If the room(s) is rebooked, then the standard 7- or 14-day cancellation/rescheduling policy will be followed.
- Early Check Outs will be responsible for the entire reservation amount unless we are able to rebook the room for the remaining nights on the reservation.
- For group reservations (3 or more rooms), and holidays requiring a 3-night stay, we enforce a 14-day cancellation/rescheduling policy.
- No Shows – Guests with confirmed reservations who do not call or otherwise notify us that you will not be keeping your reservation, will be assessed the entire reservation amount.
- All in-room spa services have a 24-hour cancellation requirement. Cancellation of a spa service within 24 hours of its scheduled date and time will be charged full price to the credit card on file for the room reservation.
Methods of Payment:
Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Traveler’s Checks are accepted. Deposits must be made with a credit card. Personal checks under $500 from an in-state bank will be accepted with a valid credit card on file.
We also accept the following Gift Certificates: Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association & Blake House Inn Gift Certificates.
Checking In & Out:
Check-in is between 3:00 – 6:00 pm (Mondays – Saturdays); 4:00 – 6:00 pm (Sundays). If an earlier or later check-in time is needed, please notify us in advance so that arrangements can be made to accommodate you. If you need to check in after 6:00 pm, we have self check-in procedures that will be provided in advance.
Check-Out time is 11:00 am. We will accommodate late check-outs if possible.
Early Check-Outs will be responsible for the entire reservation amount unless we are able to re-book the room for the remaining nights of the reservation.
We are a child-friendly B&B. Children of all ages are welcome. There is no additional charge for children 4 and younger.
Children are permitted in the Azalea, Lilac and Rose Rooms in the main house and the Sycamore Suite in the Carriage House. Headcount numbers for each room are indicated on the Rooms & Rates Page. While children under 4 are not charged an additional fee, they are considered in the overall headcount for a room.
Asheville Dog Friendly Lodging (PLEASE READ EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT BRINGING A DOG)
- Blake House welcomes dogs of any size to our dog-friendly guestrooms. While we do not accept cats, there is a resident cat on the property and he lives in the main house. His name is Rocky and while we keep him out of all guestrooms, he has access to our common areas. Potential guests with cat/dog allergies should be cautious before making a reservation. We can recommend other B&Bs in the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association that are not pet-friendly if you are concerned about allergies.
- We welcome dogs in 6 of our guestrooms: the Holly, Magnolia, Dogwood, Lilac, and Rose Rooms in the main house plus the Sycamore Suite in the Carriage House.
- The first dog in a room incurs a $15.00 per day pet fee. The second dog is charged $10.00 per day. More than 2 dogs in a room must be authorized in advance with the Innkeeper. Pet fees help pay for the additional cleaning costs so that future guests with animal allergies are not inconvenienced.
- When not in your room, your dog MUST be on a leash. Not all guests enjoy being jumped on or greeted by our four-legged guests so please respect everyone’s space and leash your dog, even when walking through the house.
- If you leave your dog in the room alone, they should be crated. Should you not crate your dog and leave him/her alone in the room, you will be responsible for any damage to the room (scratches on the doors, torn linens, urination damage, etc.). If your dog(s) is a barker, we may ask you to take him/her with you so as not to disturb other guests. We do require a cell phone number in case we determine the dog is in distress and need to reach you. Cleaning staff will not enter a guestroom to tidy if the dog(s) is/are not confined or crated, unless it is determined that the animal is in distress.
- We encourage you to take your dog(s) to one of the area doggie daycare centers, so he/she can exercise and interact with other friendly dogs while you are out. Please visit our Doggie Scoop Page for a listing of doggie daycares.
- The Innkeeper or Asst. Innkeeper are happy to walk your dog(s) while you are out. We will walk your dog(s) around Jake Rusher Park next to the Inn. Walks usually last between 15-25 minutes. Cost is $10 per walk. Arrangements for dog walking should be made in advance of your arrival.
- Any damage to a person, guestroom, or the Inn’s property (whether caused by a pet or guest) will be the responsibility of the registered guest. All damages will be charged to the credit card on file.
- All guests with dogs must sign and return a RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT when making a reservation or at check-in. Failure to do so will cancel the reservation.