Apple-Walnut Crisp (Serves 4)
- 2 medium apples, cored & chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. cold butter
- 1 cup Raisin Bran (or any bran flake cereal) – I use Raisin Bran because it has raisins in it.
- 1/2 cup walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray ramekins (4, 6, or 8 oz.) with cooking spray.
- Core apples and chop into bite size pieces. Put apples in a medium bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 tbsp. of cinnamon over apples and mix.
- Put apple/cinnamon mixture into 4 ramekins.
- In a bowl, mix remaining 1/2 tbsp. of cinnamon, 2 tbsp. of brown sugar, and 1 tbsp. of flour. Mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp. of butter to mixture and mash butter into mixture until it becomes crumbles.
- Add Raisin Bran and walnuts to mixture and mix well.
- Spoon mixture over the tops of the apples.
- Put ramekins on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.